Student Internship Program
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
To introduce interested college students, particularly women and minorities, to career opportunities in positions located statewide and job settings in which to gain practical experience and training in natural and cultural resource fields.
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's (TPWD) Intern Program is for college students. Both paid and unpaid positions may be offered; paid positions depend on available funding. Available positions and locations will be listed on TPWD "Current Postings" web page. While many of our Internships are for the Summer, there may be some during the Fall and/or the Spring.
The Program is very competitive for all positions (paid and unpaid). TPWD now uses an on-line application process for Interns.
- For Paid Intern positions: As soon as funding is finalized, paid Internships will be posted on our Jobs page. TPWD Jobs page begins at http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/jobs/index.phtml.
- For Unpaid Intern positions: As these are finalized, they will be posted on our "Current Postings" web page.
- For all TPWD Intern positions (paid and unpaid), you must submit at least one (1) of the following: copy of official transcript[s]; copy of unofficial transcript[s]; or official or unofficial transcript[s] marked "issued to student." Degree plans will NOT be accepted. Attach as you apply on-line.
Note: Lack of any of the required documents makes your application incomplete and it will not be considered. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of required documents.
Student Internship Program Salary Information
Note: If selected for a paid Summer opportunity, Intern will be paid at the rate of pay reflected from the completed hours at end of the Fall semester. The Spring semester credit hours do not count towards the rate of pay for the Summer Internship. The reason for this is Interns' hire paperwork is completed before the Spring semester ends.
|College Student Classification||Earned Semester Hours||Hourly Rate of Pay||Salary Group||Functional Title||State Classification|
|Freshman/Sophmores/Juniors||0 - 100||$10.13510||A7||Intern I||Clerk II|
|Seniors||90+||$11.14471||A9||Intern II||Clerk III|
|Graduate Student||BA/BS||$12.37115||A11||Intern III||Clerk IV|
- Undergraduate OR graduate college student enrolled in an accredited college or university at time of application.
- Minimum of 12 completed semester credit hours from an accredited college or university on transcripts.
- Must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 grade point scale OR "Pass" on a Pass/Fail system.
- Must apply on-line. For paid and unpaid positions, this starts at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/tpwd/default.cfm.
- Must attach official transcripts or unofficial transcripts to on-line application. Degree plans will NOT be accepted.
- Signatures will be obtained at time of hire.
Via e-mail: Joe.Beach@tpwd.texas.gov
Via phone: Joe Beach (512) 389-4485
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER