Texas Invasive Plant & Pest Conference
Professional level meeting including keynotes, concurrent sessions, posters, and symposia designed to serve scientists, land managers, state and federal agencies, local governments, and other professionals with an interest in Texas' invasive species.
Feb 26, 2014 08:00 AM
Feb 28, 2014 05:00 PM
|Where||University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute, Port Aransas, TX|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Land management specialists from local, state, and federal agencies, including municipal, regional, state and federal parks.
- Environmental organizations such as The Nature Conservancy, Native Plant Society, Audubon, Land Conservancies, Land Trusts, etc.
- Researchers and students from State University systems and private colleges.
- Companies servicing restoration and weed removal projects including equipment manufacturers, GPS providers, herbicide producers, and landscape architects.
- Anyone who has an interest in invasive species in Texas.
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - Plenary, TIPPC Business Meeting, Exhibitors, Concurrent Sessions, Reception.
- Thursday, February 27, 2014 - Concurrent Sessions, Exhibitors, Report from Session Chairs, Awards Banquet.
- Friday, February 28, 2014 (Half day) - Field trips and workshops.
SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT: All stakeholders are invited and encouraged to present some aspect of their work in a contributed presentation or poster. The deadline for receiving abstracts is January 15, 2014.