Texas Outdoor Family | Choke Canyon State Park (South Texas) | Two Night Cabin Event | (Filling Fast)
Join the Texas Outdoor Family at Choke Canyon State Park. This event features: air conditoned cabins, Fishing, Geocaching, and Kayaking! Sign up today before all the spots are taken.
Feb 28, 2014 06:30 PM
Mar 02, 2014 11:00 AM
|Where||Choke Canyon State Park - Calliham|
|Contact Name||Texas Outdoor Family|
|Contact Phone||512 389 8903|
- Choke Canyon State Park - Calliham
- Individual air conditoned cabins for each family
- Restrooms with hot showers
- Overnight State Park Police Officer, public safety, and security
- Sites with electricity
- Thanks to TPWD sponsors, the basic camping equipment needed for the weekend will be provided. Participants will need to bring their own food, plates, sleeping bags and personal items. Click here for a suggested packing list: TOFPackingList
Agenda & Activities
- Credible Campers & Campsites:
Adults: Learn Leave no Trace principles, how to pitch your tent and use stoves safely
Junior Rangers: PEAK Program “Promoting environmental awareness in kids” to leave no trace
- Building Base Camp: Families come together, gather equipment and build base camp for the weekend.
- Experience the natural wonders at night: Celebrating nature’s natural night noises at State Parks
- Caching on State Park Trails: Go on a trail adventure and explore using a GPS
- Fishing in a State Park: Learn everything you need to know to catch your first fish!
- Kayaking in State Parks: Learn how to enjoy the state park from a Kayak!
- Fire Building and Outdoor Cooking Tips: Learn how to safely build fires and cook on open flames/grills.
- Coffee and chat with a Park Ranger: Q&A – Learn more about parks and conservation
- Know Before You Go ... Breaking Camp and Leaving No Trace of your stay
- State Park Junior Ranger Certification Programs – Targeted Audience: 5-12 years of age
- Environmentally-friendly program which adopts and teaches the 'Leave No Trace' philosophy and practices
- Additional programs specifically for use and enjoyment of a state park
- A shopping list/menu will be provided; you will need to bring your own food. Click here to see the suggested shopping list: TOFPre-Materials
- Instructors will teach you how to enjoy family camp cooking.
- $85 per family (up to 6 individuals) - includes all entry and camping fees.
How to Register
- Call 512-389-8903 and ask to speak to one of our "Texas Outdoor Family" customer service representatives Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. They can answer any questions you might have and also can provide the contact number for partner site workshops.
- You will be e-mailed a confirmation packet with directions and additional items.
- Please note that all reservations and full payment must be made at least four business days in advance of the workshops. All fees are non-refundable.