Fishing Regulations for Bright Lake
- Gear restrictions
Fishing is by pole and line only. Anglers may use no more than two poles while fishing.
- Black bass
- For largemouth bass, minimum length limit = 18 inches. For smallmouth bass, minimum length = 14 inches. No minimum length for spotted and Guadalupe bass. Daily bag for all four species of black bass = 5 in any combination.
- White, striped and yellow bass
- For striped and hybrid striped bass, minimum length limit = 18 inches and daily bag limit = 5 in any combination. For white bass, minimum length = 10 inches and daily bag is 25. There are no bag or size limits for yellow bass.
- There is no minimum length limit or daily bag limit for common carp.
- For channel and blue catfish, there is no minimum length and combined daily bag limit = 5. For flathead catfish, minimum length = 18 inches and daily bag = 5.
- For white and black crappie, their hybrids and subspecies, minimum length limit = 10 inches. Daily bag limit = 25 in any combination.
- For alligator gar, daily bag limit is 1 fish of any size. No bag limits on other species of gar.
- There is no minimum length or daily bag limit on bluegill, redear, warmouth or other species of sunfish.
- For rainbow and brown trout, their hybrids and subspecies, there is no minimum length and daily bag limit = 5 trout in any combination.