Fishing Regulations for West Fork Trinity River
Dallas-Fort Worth area
Fish consumption advisory in effect. Get details
Upstream of Lake Worth dam including lakes Bridgeport and Eagle Mountain
Anglers and boaters leaving this water body will need to empty all bait buckets, live wells, bilges, and any other receptacles, containers, or systems that could contain water in order to prevent the spread of microscopic zebra mussel larvae. A person who travels on a public roadway via the most direct route to another access point located on the same body of water needn't drain water until leaving for a different water body or other destination.
- Black bass
- For largemouth and smallmouth bass, minimum length limit = 14 inches. No minimum length for Guadalupe or spotted bass. Daily bag limit is 5 fish for all four species in any combination.
- White, striped and yellow bass
- For striped and hybrid striped bass, minimum length limit = 18 inches and daily bag limit = 5 in any combination. For white bass, minimum length = 10 inches and daily bag is 25. There are no bag or size limits for yellow bass.
- There is no minimum length limit or daily bag limit for common carp.
- For channel and blue catfish, their hybrids and subspecies, minimum length limit = 12 inches and daily bag limit = 25 in any combination. For flathead catfish, minimum length = 18 inches and daily bag limit = 5.
- For white and black crappie, their hybrids and subspecies, minimum length limit = 10 inches. Daily bag limit = 25 in any combination.
- For alligator gar, daily bag limit is 1 fish of any size. No bag limits on other species of gar.
- There is no minimum length or daily bag limit on bluegill, redear, warmouth or other species of sunfish.
- For rainbow and brown trout, their hybrids and subspecies, there is no minimum length and daily bag limit = 5 trout in any combination.