Tidal Predictions, including along the Gulf Coast
- This website http://www.saltwatertides.com/dynamic.dir/texassites.html has about 20 locations along the Texas coast. How to use: Pick the site in Texas for the tides. Then scroll to the bottom of this page. Select (highlight) the month, start date, and total days. Press the Get Tides button.
- Site will allow you to set areas, time length, manner of display http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/sitesel.html
- Using this difference table, you can manually compute good estimates of tidal levels using Galveston bay as a starting point.
- Extensive list of links having to do with tidal predictions, etc. http://scilib.ucsd.edu/sio/tide
- If you are interested in understanding tides better or having a more mathematical look at tidal action, this website http://math.math.sunysb.edu/~tony/tides/index.html is for you.
NOAA Predictions for Galveston Bay
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration website has a lot of information including how to predict tides at various locations along the coastline of the United States. Here you can order paper copies of charts and find Galveston Bay tides for four days http://www.opsd.nos.noaa.gov/