Tony Houseman WMA
Phone: (936) 569-8547
8096 FM 2782
Nacogdoches, TX 75964
Dates Open: Open year round.
The Tony Houseman WMA is a cooperative effort between the Texas Department of Transportation and Texas Parks and Wildlife. The Travel Information Center located in the Area provides interpretive displays for visitors. A 600-foot boardwalk leads from the center into the swamp. Outdoor recreation includes public hunting opportunities, fishing, wildlife viewing, hiking and canoeing.
- There aren't any restroom facilities.
- Bring your own drinking water.
- Insect repellant is recommended.
- The Texas Travel Information Center is wheelchair accessible.
- Boats are needed to get around the Area.
- Caution during heavy rains which causes high water in the Area.
- Use of ATV's, airboats and horses is prohibited.