Phone: (903) 566-1626
11942 FM 848
Tyler, TX 75707
Dates Open: Open year round for day use, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
The 82 acre Nature Center was developed from a former game bird hatchery into an ecological education center. A visitor's center, indoor and outdoor classrooms, wetlands, grasslands and ponds provides a natural setting for area birds and animals. The facility and surrounding lands are available for use by instructors or other outdoor enthusiasts. The Nature Center grounds hosts a year round schedule of native plants and inhabitants for visitors to enjoy.
- The brochure Nature Trails of the Nature Center(PDF 1.9 MB) is a guide to the trails of the East Texas Ecological Education Center at Tyler.
- Restroom facilities are available.
- Bring your own drinking water.
- Insect repellant is advised for mosquitoes, ticks and chiggers and avoid poison ivy and fire ants.
- Watch for poisonous snakes.
- There is wheelchair access to the visitor's center.
- Indoor and outdoor meeting places are available.