Agricultural Tax Appraisal Based on Wildlife Management
Guidelines for Qualification
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- Guidelines for Qualification of Agricultural Land in Wildlife Management Use
- Wildlife Management and Property Tax Valuation in Texas
Rules and Standards
- A Handbook of Texas Property Tax Rules
- Standards For Qualification Of Land For Appraisal Based On Wildlife Management Use
- Texas Administrative Code: Rules for Wildlife Management Use
Wildlife Management Planning Guidelines and Forms
The Comprehensive Wildlife Management Planning Guidelines for each ecoregion are provided below and are intended to assist landowners in preparing a wildlife management plan for ad valorem tax purposes.
- Edwards Plateau and Cross Timbers & Prairies
- Gulf Prairies and Marshes
- High Plains and Rolling Plains
- Post Oak Savannah and Blackland Prairie
- South Texas Plains
- Wildlife Management Plan for agricultural tax valuation (PWD-885) (PDF 193 KB)
Management Plan for agricultural tax valuation (PWD-885) (Word 701.5 KB) (fillable)
Use this form to submit your wildlife management plan to your county Central Appraisal District. DO NOT send this form to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
- Wildlife Management Annual Report (PWD-888) for county tax office. (PDF 83.1 KB)
- Wildlife Management Annual Report (PWD-888) for county tax office.
(Word 607.5 KB) (fillable)
Use this form to report your wildlife management activities, if required, to your county's chief appraiser. This form is not intended for use by landowners who are either updating their wildlife management plans, or applying for the wildlife tax appraisal. DO NOT send this form to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.