One-day Field Course
You will be required to bring your quiz results from the TPWD or IHEA course to gain entry into the Field Course, or upon successful completion of the Today’s Hunter online work (a $15 fee is required) you must bring the Field Day Qualifier Exam Certificate to gain entry to the Field Course and final exam. No matter which option you choose, you must still attend the one-day Field Course testing to receive your final certification.
The required One-Day Field Course includes a skills trail, live firing exercise, ethics presentation, review and final exam. The field course is typically 4 to 6 hours. You must pre-register for this course with the instructor. Schedule of Field Courses
Upon arrival at the test site:
- Show your quiz results from the TPWD or IHEA course or the Field Day Qualifier Exam Certificate from the Today's Hunter in Texas online course to the instructor.
- Fill out a student registration form.
- Pay the $15 state fee to the instructor.
- Complete a hunter skills trail and a live firing exercise. (Active military exempt from live fire exercises only)
- Attend a minimum one-hour presentation on ethics, responsibility and game laws.
- After all field and live fire exercises are completed, review material.
- Take the written exam and get at least 80% correct to pass.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a temporary card. Your instructor will send in the originals for processing. You may legally hunt with a valid license and your temporary certification card. Your permanent card will be mailed out within a short period of time.
More questions? Check our FAQ page.