Urban Outdoor Programs
Especially for Youth, Church and Community Groups Looking for Involvement in the Outdoors
Explore the Great Outdoors, learn outdoor skills, and connect with other organizations in Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth and Central Texas. Urban Outdoor Specialists in these areas provide youth groups training and opportunities for discovering the fun of outdoor recreation and participation in conservation.
Follow these links to learn more!
Houston Urban Outdoor Programs create fun and excitement for Houston-area youth and provide outdoor skills training for youth group leaders. Let's camp, kayak, fish and more!
Explore the Metroplex and enter the world of outdoor recreation. Training, access, and equipment are available for qualified groups.
Join the Central Texas Outdoor Coalition and bring the fun of the outdoors to your group.
Outdoor Learning 101 Series
Resources for your first step into the outdoors covering a wide variety of topics, some in Spanish.
- Archery (PDF 51.2 KB)
- Archery (Spanish) (PDF 40 KB)
- Birding (PDF 181.1 KB)
- Camping (PDF 223.2 KB)
- Camping (Spanish) (PDF 225.2 KB)
- Canoeing and Kayaking (PDF 78.8 KB)
- Freshwater Fishing (PDF 293.3 KB)
- Freshwater Fishing (Spanish) (PDF 294.6 KB)
- Hunting and Firearm Safety (PDF 72.3 KB)
- Hunting and Firearm Safety (Spanish) (PDF 63.6 KB)
- Mountain Biking (PDF 60.5 KB)
- Partners in Conservation (PDF 60.7 KB)
- Partners in Conservation (Spanish) (PDF 63.9 KB)
- Photography (PDF 74.8 KB)
- Rock Climbing (PDF 294.9 KB)
- Saltwater Fishing (PDF 132.3 KB)
- Saltwater Fishing (Spanish) (PDF 134.2 KB)