Note: This item is more than six years old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
State Parks Host Meetings Regarding Feral, Exotic Species
AUSTIN, Texas — The State Parks Division of Texas Parks and Wildlife Department will host a series of public meetings across the state in April and May concerning natural and cultural resource management activities on state park properties, with a particular focus on management challenges at Big Bend Ranch State Park.
Following a short informational presentation, the public will be invited to comment on current management strategies for removal of feral animals such as burros and exotic species such as aoudad sheep from the park and may offer alternative solutions. All meetings begin at 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 22 — Government Canyon State Natural Area, 12861 Galm Rd, San Antonio
- Wednesday, April 23 — Texas Parks & Wildlife Headquarters, 4200 Smith School Rd, Austin
- Thursday, April 24 — Richardson Civic Center, Heights Room, 411 W. Arapaho Road, Richardson
- Wednesday, May 14 — Southwest Command Center, 9011 Escobar Dr, El Paso
- Thursday, May 15 — Presidio, Presidio Activity Center (PAC), 1200 E. O’Reilly St.*
- Thursday, June 12 — Bellaire City Hall Auditorium, 7008 South Rice Avenue, Bellaire**
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Plain Text Pages.