Note: This item is more than three years old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
June 4, 2010
Advisory Panel on Recreational Boating Safety to meet June 18
The Texas Advisory Panel on Recreational Boating Safety will convene at 10 a.m. Friday, June 18 in room E2.036 inside the capitol extension at 1400 Congress Avenue in Austin.
The purpose of the meeting will be to receive invited and public testimony on:
- Texas’s current state of recreational safety on public waters, including saltwater;
- How other states meet their need for recreational safety; and
- Suggested directions the panel should take in enhancing recreational safety on public waters in Texas.
The hearing will be open to the public, and anyone wishing to address the panel is invited to attend. Comments for the panel to consider can be e-mailed to Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org
The June 18 meeting agenda includes reviews of:
- RBS Advisory Panel Statistical Report
- Comparative Analysis of Recreational Boating Policies
- Strategic Plan of the National Recreational Boating Safety Program
- Water vessel liability insurance information
The meeting will include invited testimony from:
- Col. Peter Flores, Director of Law Enforcement, Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept.
- Jeff Parrish, Assistant Chief of Marine Enforcement, Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept.
- Steven Hall, Director of Education, Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept.
The meeting will involve panel Discussion Regarding Matters Charged By the Legislature, including:
- Texas’s current policies regarding boater education and boating liability insurance
- Additional manners to increase boating safety in Texas
The Advisory Panel on Recreational Boating Safety was established pursuant to House Bill 3108 of the 81st Legislature, authored by State Representative Tan Parker and sponsored by Senator Chris Harris.
For more information, please contact the following:Mr. Lance Bruun
Chairman, Advisory Panel on Recreational Boating Safety
361-884-8300 Mr. Richard Dennis
Chief of Staff, Representative Tan Parker
512-463-0688 Mr. Harold Stone
Director of Intergovernmental Affairs, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to email@example.com and mention Plain Text Pages.