Documents referenced on this page summarize laws and regulations enforced by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. The actual regulations, current to the day, can be accessed at www.sos.state.tx.us under Title 31 of the Texas Administrative Code. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Code can be accessed at www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/?link=PW.
- Alligators in Texas (PDF 1 MB)
- Bow Fishing in Texas
- Endangered and Threatened Species
- Floating Cabins
- Fur-Bearing Animals
- Prohibited Exotic Aquatic Species
- Shark: Identification and Regulations in Texas (PDF 379.8 KB)
- Texas Turtle Regulations and Identification Key (PDF 501.3 KB)
- Water Safety Digest
When new or updated regulations are proposed, TPWD solicits citizen input via the web and public hearings. See Opportunities for Comment on Proposed New Regulations.