Jasper County Seat: Jasper
General Season Sept. 10 - 30, 2014Bag Limit 1 per person per year
- Central Zone Zone Map
Regular Season Sept. 1 - Oct. 20, 2014
Dec. 19, 2014 - Jan. 7, 2015Daily Limit 15 white-winged, mourning and white-tipped doves in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 white-tippedPossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
Falconry Nov. 8 - Dec. 14, 2014Daily Bag Limit 3 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
- North Zone Zone Map
Youth-Only Oct. 25 - 26, 2014
Regular Season Nov. 1 - Dec. 7, 2014
Dec. 20, 2014 - Jan. 25, 2015
Falconry Jan. 26 - Feb. 9, 2015Daily Bag Limit 3 migratory game birds, singly or in the aggregate.Possession Limit 9 migratory game birds, singly or in the aggregate.
"Dusky" Duck Nov. 6 - Dec. 7, 2014
Dec. 20, 2014 - Jan. 25, 2015
- Duck Daily Bag Limit 6 in the aggregate. Including no more than: 5 mallards (only two may be hens), 3 wood ducks, 3 scaup, 2 redheads, 2 pintail, 1 canvasback, and 1 "dusky" duck (Mottled duck, Mexican like duck, black duck and their hybrids). For all other species not listed, the bag limit shall be 6. The season for "dusky" ducks is closed the first five days of the season in each zone.
- Merganser Daily Bag Limit 5 in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 hooded mergansers.
- Coot Daily Bag Limit 15 birds
- Possession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
- East Zone Zone Map
Canada Geese Season Sept. 13 - 28, 2014
Nov. 1, 2014 - Jan. 25, 2015
Light Geese Nov. 1, 2014 - Jan. 25, 2015
Light Geese (Conservation Order) Jan. 26 - Mar. 22, 2015
White-fronted Geese Nov. 1, 2014 - Jan. 11, 2015
- Daily Bag Limit 3 Canada geese, 2 white-fronted geese, 20 light geese.
- Possession Limit Dark geese three times the daily bag limit. Light geese no possession limit.
- No Open Season
Regular Season Oct. 25, 2014 - Feb. 22, 2015Daily Bag Limit 15Possession Limit 45
Rabbits and Hares
No closed seasonBag Limit None
Rails, Gallinules and Moorhens
Regular Season Sept. 13 - 28, 2014
Nov. 1 - Dec. 24, 2014Daily Bag Limit 15 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
Falconry Jan. 26 - Feb. 9, 2015Daily Bag Limit 3 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
- East Texas
General Season Oct. 1, 2014 - Feb. 22, 2015
May 1 - 31, 2015
Youth-Only Sept. 27 - 28, 2014
- Daily Bag Limit 10
- Possession Limit 20
September Teal Only Season Sept. 13 - 28, 2014Daily Bag Limit 6 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
Spring Season Apr. 15 - May 14, 2015
- Bag Limit 1 turkey.
- Means and Methods Restriction Shotgun, archery and crossbows are the only lawful means, no hunting over bait; all turkeys must be checked at a check station or reported to the department via mobile application withing 24 hours after they are killed. Harvested turkeys may be field dressed, but must otherwise remain intact until reaching a final destination.
- Bag Composition Gobblers only
Eastern TurkeyZone Map
- North Texas
Archery Only Sept. 27 - Oct. 31, 2014Antlerless Deer (Archery Only) No permit is required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLDP permits have been issued for the property.
General Season Nov. 1, 2014 - Jan. 4, 2015
Youth-OnlyEarly Youth-Only Season Oct. 25 - 26, 2014Late Youth-Only Season Jan. 5 - 18, 2015
Muzzleloader Jan. 5 - 18, 2015
- Bag Limit 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
- Antler Restrictions The provisions of this clause do not apply on properties for which Level 2 or Level 3 MLDPs have been issued. For the seasons listed above, a legal buck is a buck deer having at least one unbranched antler, or an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. The inside spread requirement does not apply to any buck that has an unbranched antler. Not more than one buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater may be taken.
- Antlerless Deer If permits have been issued for the harvest of antlerless deer, they must be attached to all antlerless deer harvested on the tract of land. On USFS, Corps of Engineers, and river authority lands for the seasons listed above, the take of antlerless deer shall be by permit only. On all other tracts of land in this county, antlerless deer may be taken without permits from opening day through the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving Day, November 1-30. From the Monday immediately following Thanksgiving Day until the end of the season, December 1 – January 4, antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless MLD permit or LAMPS permit only. On tracts of land for which LAMPS permits have been issued, no LAMPS permit is required for the harvest of antlerless deer during the archery-only or muzzleloader-only open season.
- Prohibited All dogs.
Wilson's Snipe (Common Snipe or Jacksnipe)
Regular Season Nov. 1, 2014 - Feb. 15, 2015Daily Bag Limit 8 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit