Marion County Seat: Jefferson
General Season Apr. 1 - June 30, 2015Bag Limit 1 per person per year
- Central Zone Zone Map
Regular Season Sept. 1 - Oct. 20, 2014
Dec. 19, 2014 - Jan. 7, 2015Daily Limit 15 white-winged, mourning and white-tipped doves in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 white-tippedPossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
Falconry Nov. 8 - Dec. 14, 2014Daily Bag Limit 3 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
- North Zone Zone Map
Youth-OnlyTo Be Determined
Regular SeasonTo Be Determined
FalconryTo Be DeterminedDaily Bag Limit To Be DeterminedPossession Limit To Be Determined
"Dusky" DuckTo Be Determined
- Duck Daily Bag Limit To Be Determined
- Merganser Daily Bag Limit To Be Determined
- Coot Daily Bag Limit To Be Determined
- Possession Limit To Be Determined
- East Zone Zone Map
Canada Geese Season Sept. 13 - 28, 2014
Light GeeseTo Be Determined
Light Geese (Conservation Order)To Be Determined
White-fronted GeeseTo Be Determined
- Daily Bag Limit 3 Canada geese. White-fronted geese and Light geese to be determined
- Possession Limit Dark geese three times the daily bag limit. Light geese no possession limit.
- No Open Season
Regular Season Oct. 25, 2014 - Feb. 22, 2015Daily Bag Limit 15Possession Limit 45
Rabbits and Hares
No closed seasonBag Limit None
Rails, Gallinules and Moorhens
Regular Season Sept. 13 - 28, 2014
Nov. 1 - Dec. 24, 2014Daily Bag Limit 15 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
Falconry Jan. 26 - Feb. 9, 2015Daily Bag Limit 3 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
- East Texas
General Season Oct. 1, 2014 - Feb. 22, 2015
May 1 - 31, 2015
Youth-Only Sept. 27 - 28, 2014
- Daily Bag Limit 10
- Possession Limit 20
September Teal Only Season Sept. 13 - 28, 2014Daily Bag Limit 6 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
Spring Season Apr. 15 - May 14, 2015
- Bag Limit 1 turkey.
- Means and Methods Restriction Shotgun, lawful archery equipment, and crossbows only. It is unlawful for any person to take or attempt to take turkeys by the aid of baiting, or on or over a baited area, and all turkeys harvested during the open season must be registered at designated check stations within 24 hours of the time of kill. Harvested turkeys may be field dressed, but must otherwise remain intact.
- Bag Limit The annual bag limit for turkey, in the aggregate for all counties, is four (4), no more than one of which may be an Eastern turkey.
- Bag Composition Gobblers only
Eastern TurkeyZone Map
- North Texas
Archery Only Sept. 27 - Oct. 31, 2014Antlerless Deer (Archery Only) No permit is required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLDP permits have been issued for the property.
General Season Nov. 1, 2014 - Jan. 4, 2015
Youth-OnlyEarly Youth-Only Season Oct. 25 - 26, 2014Late Youth-Only Season Jan. 5 - 18, 2015
Muzzleloader Jan. 5 - 18, 2015
- Bag Limit 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
- Antler Restrictions The provisions of this clause do not apply on properties for which Level 2 or Level 3 MLDPs have been issued. For the seasons listed above, a legal buck is a buck deer having at least one unbranched antler, or an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. The inside spread requirement does not apply to any buck that has an unbranched antler. Not more than one buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater may be taken.
- Antlerless Deer If permits have been issued for the harvest of antlerless deer, they must be attached to all antlerless deer harvested on the tract of land. On USFS, Corps of Engineers, and river authority lands for the seasons listed above, the take of antlerless deer shall be by permit only. On all other tracts of land in this county, antlerless deer may be taken without permits during the first 16 days of the season, November 1-16. After the first 16 days of the season, November 17 – January 4, antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless MLD permit or LAMPS permit only. On tracts of land for which LAMPS permits have been issued, no LAMPS permit is required for the harvest of antlerless deer during the archery-only or muzzleloader-only open season.
Wilson's Snipe (Common Snipe or Jacksnipe)
Regular Season Nov. 1, 2014 - Feb. 15, 2015Daily Bag Limit 8 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit