Migratory Game Bird Definitions
- Aggregate Limit: A daily bag or possession limit composed of more than one species.
- Bait: Salt, grain or other feed, directly or indirectly placed, exposed, deposited, distributed or scattered, that could serve as a lure or attraction for migratory game birds to, on or over any areas where hunters are attempting to take them.
- Baited Area: Any area on which bait has been placed, exposed, deposited, distributed or scattered so as to serve as a lure or attraction for migratory game birds to, on or over areas where hunters are attempting to take them. Any such area will remain a baited area for ten days following the complete removal of all bait.
- Daily Bag Limit: The maximum number of birds as specified for each species which may be taken during the legal shooting hours of any one day.
- Legal Shotgun: Shotguns not larger than 10 gauge, fired from the shoulder and incapable of holding more than three shells (shotguns capable of holding more than three shells must be plugged with a one-piece filler which is incapable of removal without disassembling the gun, so the gun's total capacity does not exceed three shells).
- Manipulation: Alteration of natural vegetation or crops, including but not limited to mowing, shredding, discing, rolling, chopping, trampling, flattening, burning and herbicide treatments.
- Migratory Game Birds: Includes all wild species of ducks, geese, coot, rail, gallinules, snipe, woodcock, doves (mourning, white-winged, white-tipped or white-fronted) and sandhill cranes. Does not include exotic collared-dove.
- Natural Vegetation: Any non-agricultural, native or naturalized plant species.
- Normal Agricultural Planting, Harvesting and Post-Harvest Manipulation: A planting or harvesting undertaken for the purpose of producing and gathering a crop or manipulation after such harvest and removal of a crop, that is conducted in accordance with official recommendations of State Extension Specialists of the Cooperative Extension Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Possession Limit: The maximum number of migratory game birds that can be possessed at any time (three times the daily bag limit after the second day of the season).
- Sinkbox: A low floating device concealing a person below the surface of the water. UNLAWFUL!
- Waterfowl: Includes ducks, geese, mergansers and coots.
Back to Top
∧ Back to Top