- Number of Sites: 5
Five equestrian-oriented campsites are available. Four offer corrals and water for horses. The equestrian fee is $2 per horse per day, in addition to other park fees. All users must obtain a backcountry use permit and must bring their own weed-free horse feed. Horses must have documentation of a current Coggins test. This rugged country is hard on horses and horseshoes, so make sure that you and your horse are physically fit. Call the park ahead of time to ask about the availability of water for your horse while on the trail. To make reservations, call (512) 389-8919.
The five equestrian sites are: Agua Adentro Pens, Escondido Pens, Fresno Canyon Campsite, Jackson Pens and Javelin Pens.
- Information on commercially guided tours and outfitters
- For more location information go to our Interactive Map of Big Bend Ranch Campsites, Lodging, and Permit Locations
- You may also want to preview some of the vehicle accessible campsites
- Check out our Campsite Guide (PDF) for more information on individual campsites
- Policies on Dogs at Big Bend Ranch State Park
Note: Information and prices are subject to change. Please call the park or park information (1-800-792-1112) for the latest updates. The daily entrance fee is charged in addition to any facility fees, unless otherwise stated. A Texas State Park Pass will allow you and your guests to enjoy unlimited visits for 1-year to more than 90 State Parks, without paying the daily entrance fee, in addition to other benefits.
Pets are not allowed in any Texas State Park buildings. For other general pet restrictions check the Texas State Park Regulations. For park specific pet restrictions contact the park.
Call the park or park information (1-800-792-1112) for more information.