Saturday, September 28, 2013
Come celebrate and support the Official Bison Herd of the State of Texas and their 1000-acre habitat! The Festival starts at 10 a.m. with arts, crafts, food vendors, and activities. The live music starts at 2 p.m. with Caleb Allemand & the 9 Volt Band, No Dry County, Brandon Adams & the Sad Bastards, Zac Wilkerson, Casey Berry & the Live Texas Mosquitoes, and closing out the show will be Texas’ own 9-time Grammy Award-winning, Asleep at the Wheel!
The event is being held to raise funds to help continue restoration of the Texas State Bison Herd historic range within Caprock Canyon State Park.
During the celebration, visitors will be able to donate directly to the Texas State Bison Herd Restoration project or purchase merchandise to support prairie restoration efforts. Donations can also be made online by visiting www.caprockpartnersfoundation.com or by calling (806) 455-1441.
$20 advance tickets are available through TicketRiver, or you can get them at the gate, on the day of the show, for $25. There is no seating, so bring chairs and blankets, if you like. Folding chairs will also be available for purchase at the event
The event is being held at the Quitaque Cotton Gin on FM 1065 Quitaque, Texas 79255 (1/4 mile south of Quitaque)
- 8:00 a.m. - Bison Stampede 5k/1k color run starts
- 10:00 a.m. Arts, crafts and food vendors open
Bison Stampede 5k/1k color run starts
- 12:01 p.m. Concert gates open
- 2:00 p.m. Concert begins!
- Saving the Southern Plains Bison at Caprock Canyon State Park video
- Read more about the bison and their new habitat in the November 2011 Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine article "Home on the Range."
- TPWD News Release (Sept. 5, 2013) - Third Annual Bison Festival Hosts Six Bands to Fundraise for Buffalo Restoration Project
- Caprock Canyons State Park & Trailway main page
- Follow Caprock Canyons State Park & Trailway on Facebook